Welcome to Peoria Notre Dame High School
e are a welcoming, academically excellent Catholic high school that inspires and prepares students for college and for successful lives.
Our faith-based education and co-curricular activities develop the whole person – body, mind and spirit. We have a 150-year tradition of successfully preparing the leaders and good citizens of tomorrow – each one knowing that there is a higher purpose for us all from God. Our students are taught to value rules, show consideration for one another and behave as responsible adults while in school and in all environments. We embrace Catholic values and principles, respect all religions and provide a safe and considerate learning environment that eliminates distractions and appreciates the individual.
The mission of Peoria Notre Dame High School is to foster spiritual, emotional, intellectual
and physical development…
- By teaching the Catholic faith
- By leading students to be disciples of Jesus Christ
- By teaching the arts and sciences in a climate of Catholic academic inquiry
- Academic Excellence – That inspires and prepares us for successful lives
- Catholic Faith – that places us in God’s transforming hands
- Family – that sustains, loves, forgives and cares
- Individual Dignity as a Gift of God – that shows respect for self and sees the worth of others
- Personal Responsibility – that engenders pride and builds the trust of others
- Service to Others – that brings true purpose to our lives
- Teamwork – that unites us and causes things to happen
- Tradition – that teaches, guides and remembers
Why Peoria Notre Dame?
- Peoria Notre Dame High School is a Catholic high school that welcomes and respects all religions and offers opportunity for spiritual growth on a daily basis. Concern for others flows through our school and fosters respect and responsible conduct. While there is a strong focus on academics, it is not academics alone that set us apart. Notre Dame develops the whole person – body, mind and spirit – through faith-based education and co-curricular activities.
- Students learn in a safe and respectful environment without negative distractions. Rules are enforced and students follow a dress code and are subject to random drug testing. When people visit our school they encounter admirable students and orderly classrooms. There is not running, shouting or pushing. Our students behave the way responsible adults do.
- The atmosphere here is like that of a caring Catholic family. It is a life-long community of parents, teachers, alumni and students who care about their school and each other. This is demonstrated by their support and enthusiasm at sporting events and by the outpouring of compassion and assistance when people are in need or suffer a loss.
- Peoria Notre Dame has a 150-year tradition of preparing leaders of tomorrow who act with integrity. Graduates know that life isn’t about their job, their title, or the house they live in. They recognize that there is a higher purpose. They have a role to play in enhancing the quality of life of an enlarged community that includes the greater Peoria area, state of Illinois, our nation and our world.
- Peoria Notre Dame offers a wide variety of quality co-curricular activities and athletic programs. Parents, students and alumni are supportive of our many teams, clubs and events and get involved. Participants enhance their talents, build strong relationships and learn to work well with others. Our programs foster character development, healthy lifestyles, lasting friendships and alumni involvement, loyalty and respect.